Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Countdown

Here I sit at work trying to NOT be the Grinch...

when all I can think about is getting ready for the holidays. We are doing the Christmas countdown in my classroom for my students to understand the concept of time and calendar...yesterday I realized that Christmas was next week!  NEXT week?!  How did that happen?!


I have had many good intentions to start getting ready for the holidays...
ingredients to make cookies are bought...

ingredients to make candy are bought...



ingredients to make Rice Krispy Treats are bought....


but not one things has been made!
Working full-time and a part-time job once a week really cuts into my fun time! I have not sewn anything or done anything remotely to get in the Christmas mood lately.

My son, Jack, turned 4 on Monday.  We had the big birthday party this weekend and that has monopolized everything lately. Who in their right mind has a baby that close to Christmas?!  Oh well, the best laid plans often go astray!


So, after I teach my final class tonight for the local college, I will be going home and completing my Christmas cards and start my plan for getting festive!

This is what I am going to start working on for my daughter for Christmas. I LOVE LizzieBCre8ive's stuff! I am making the Peace Sign rug in pink, purple and aquamarine. Won't she be excited?!  Hopefully I will at least get the top done!
Perfect Harmony

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Ah ha! I found you Colleen! ;) Merry Christmas. Hope your son's party was a blast.

    ReplyDelete